Dental Trends In New York
Dental technology has advanced to higher levels, providing patients with better options to restore and enhance the appearance of teeth. Many dental practices are staying ahead of the curve in the technology and techniques they use to treat various dental problems.
Some of the most common new methods that make dental treatment better include the following:
- CAD/CAM technology that produces computer-aided design and restoration manufacturing as an alternative to x-ray for dental bridges, implants, dentures, for more comfortably-fitting restorations.
- Dental lasers are coming into their own, producing results for various dental issues including gum disease, decay, whitening, to treat infections, remove lesions, and treat stained teeth.
- 3-D Imaging technology can produce perfect images that assist in dental implants and other restorations.
Dental patients have become more focused on having a perfect smile, and modern technology has made it possible for people to restore or straighten teeth with faster, more effective methods. The most popular dental treatments for patients in New York include:
- Porcelain veneers
- Porcelain crowns
- Composite veneers
- Invisalign tooth straightening
- Dental implants
- CEREC crowns
- Pain-free dentistry (sedation dentistry)
- Composite Fillings
Cosmetic Dentistry to Suit any Budget
Cosmetic Dentistry is increasing in popularity for people in all walks of life. At one time, only celebrities (and the very lucky individual with perfect, white, aligned teeth) were blessed with a perfect, brilliant smile. The latest dental technology has made it possible for almost anyone to have treatment that will produce that “movie star smile.” New types of veneers have come on the market, with more affordable options now making treatment available to more patients.
The most common types of veneers include:
- Composite Veneers: These veneers resolve issues such as chipped or cracked teeth, or restore slightly misaligned teeth and small gaps. These veneers are less expensive than porcelain veneers, and can be placed and sculpted in one appointment.
- Porcelain Veneers: These veneers are more costly than composite veneers, but many patients choose to make the investment. They are custom-created to perfectly suit your mouth and facial structure, and are highly-resistant to staining and breakage.
- Instant Veneers: These veneers are pre-made and can be placed in one appointment. Although less sturdy than custom veneers, they come in a wide range of tooth shapes, colors, and sizes. The speed with which they can be placed, as well as the lower cost, has made them popular with many patients who need a fast improvement.
- Removable Veneers: These veneers “snap-on” and are placed over your existing teeth and worn for every activity, including eating.
Dental Trends: Technology Rules
Many patients are interested in having a more brilliant, attractive smile, and dental practices that offer advanced treatments for smile restoration and teeth whitening are attracting an abundance of new patients. Many dentists are seeing an increasing interest in cosmetic dentistry, including veneers, dental implants, invisible braces, and treatments for patients with a flawed or discolored smile, misaligned teeth, gaps, an overbite or underbite.
Patient health is also a trending topic, with many patients worried about metal fillings and searching for answers about replacing older dental work with new fillings or crowns. Many younger patients are very informed about dental procedures, having searched online prior to making an appointment. They may be interested in health-related matters such as reduced exposure to radiation through digital imaging, removing amalgam fillings and replacing them with ceramic, or choosing a dental practice that focuses on holistic dental treatments, biocompatible products, and who have a paperless practice.
Present Your Practice to Appeal
Your online presence is typically the first way a new patient will discover your practice, and the quality and functionality of your website is extremely important. It is imperative that your site is visually appealing, easy to use, and provides accurate, relevant information for your target audience. The ability to schedule appointments online, provide feedback, get answers to questions, and learn more about your practice are all vital in today’s technology-obsessed culture. Ensure your website meets the current expectations of users so it functions as a marketing tool that produces new patients for you. Talk to our team at Solution21 for more information.
Dental Implants: Better Technology, Faster Results
For patients who have lost teeth due to trauma or gum disease, dental implants are increasing in popularity, and for good reason. Restoring lost teeth with a sturdy, attractive tooth that functions exactly like a healthy, natural tooth is the ultimate solution. Full sets can be implanted and anchored to the gums with implants, bringing new hope to people who have struggled with dentures and are tired of the hassle, appearance, and the discomfort. The latest technology has made implants easier to install and can bypass the osseointegration (while implant anchor grows into the jawbone) period of traditional implant systems that required many months of waiting.
Marketing and Design Services for
Doctors and Dentists
Modern Web Design
Search Engine Optimization