Social media is everywhere today, and many medical and dental practices are trying to figure out the right balance to use this tool for marketing and promotion. At the same time, social media can also be a way for patients to review and send feedback about a business or practice—both positive and negative. Here are some tips to manage you social media presence, avoid the detrimental effects of negative feedback, and ensure that you get the maximum benefit from your online presence.
How Social Media Benefits Patients & Practitioners
Social media is a powerful tool for connecting people, taking word-of-mouth advertising to a new level. It allows people to solicit and share feedback with friends, family, and colleagues about consumer experiences. For patients, social media also offers a direct connection to your practice so they can stay updated with what is happening, and a well-executed marketing plan keeps your practice at the top of patients’ minds so they visit and recommend you for dental or medical care.
Minimizing Negative Reviews and Feedback
While the internet can be a great place for customers to find you, it can also be a place where people go to broadcast negative experiences. Here are some tips for combating negative reviews and building and maintaining a positive online presence:
• Develop your brand early and often by posting content that positions you as an expert in your field.
• Encourage satisfied patients to post positive reviews.
• Offer a way for patients to share their feedback with you privately, and be responsive by correcting potential problems quickly.
• Monitor online mentions of your practice using Google alerts so you can find out about negative reviews right away.
• Be proactive by responding to patients’ questions and comments on social media to build a loyal patient base.
Being proactive with your social media presence can help you minimize negative information and establish a positive reputation with current and future patients.
We Can Help Manage Your Social Media
Solution21 Inc. – Irvine US
2603 Main St. #820
Irvine, CA 92614